Maglife NitraStrate Filter Medium
NitraStrate is a special polymer bead made from a particular formula to be almost neutrally buoyant and porous. The size and shape of each NitraStrate particle allows the maximum empty space between them. The combination of these factors creates a spherule that allows nitrate laden water to slowly saturate the NitraStrate particles. The anaerobic bacteria within the bead consume the nitrates to create compounds which when they emerge, oxidize and release harmless Nitrogen gas. NitraStrate Completes the Nitrogen Cycle. The environment formed by the NitraStrate traps all the waste in pockets that act as biological stomachs. Due to the large empty spaces between particles, these pockets become the perfect environment for beneficial bacteria to thrive and colonize. The problem area of the tank is now the life force of the tank. The substrate becomes a revolutionary filtration system that makes fish keeping what it should be, fun and relaxing.
- The first truly new filter material
- Improves with age and lasts forever
- Forms a stable oxygenated environment between the NitraStrate Partiticals
- Collects and naturally processes all the debris of a fish tank
- NitraStrate is the ideal anaerobic de-nitrifying environment
- Anaerobic colonization occurs inside wach NitraStrate paricle and remains even when substrate is allowed to dry
- Nitrastsate remains clean and never needs replacement
- Use for fish turtles and all aquatic species
- Patents covering its many soecial features have been engineered into it over 7 years of research and development
- Effective in fresh or salt water
- Stabilizes even tiny systems. A two gallon marine fish setup is now possible and easy.
- Because it is almost neutrally buoyant, fish love to swim through it and hunt for food.
- It is uniquely beautiful and available in colors to match any décor
- Now maintence is so easy that anyone can do it, not just the avid hobbiest